Passenger Safety Policies
- DO enjoy your ride!
- DO pay your fare or have pass ready upon boarding - operators cannot give change.
- DO properly secure bicycles to bicycle racks. Always approach bike racks from the curbside of the bus. Yolobus is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen bicycles.
- DO bring on board only what you can carry in one boarding trip, you can keep in control while the bus is in motion, and keep the aisles clear.
- DO fold strollers, carts, and other foldable objects prior to boarding.
- DO remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop. If you have to stand, hold on to a support at all times.
- DO give priority seating to seniors and persons with disabilities near the front of bus.
- DO have on appropriate clothing and footwear while on the bus.
- DO keep food and drinks unopened in sealed containers while on the bus.
- DO be courteous to others-refrain from having loud and/or vulgar conversations on the bus, including cellular phone conversations.
- DO report any suspicious items or activities immediatelyto the operator or call Yolobus.
- DO help keep buses and bus stops clean by using trash and recycling receptacles.
- DO quietly enjoy electronic devices, provided they do not disturb others.
- DO keep Mobility Aids or Devices* properly stowed or secured.
*Most mobility aids or devices (e.g., walkers, canes, crutches, scooters, etc.) can be accommodated on the bus, subject to limitations established by the bus, wheelchair ramp and lift manufacturers, as well as wheelchair tie-down manufacturers.
- DO NOT eat, drink, or smoke on the bus. Exception: A passenger may drink a non-alcoholic beverage if it is in a spill-proof container (e.g., drink cans with pop tops and soft drinks in fast-food cups with flimsy lids are NOT allowed, because they are prone to spilling).
- DO NOT bring animals on the bus, except service animals.
- DO NOT carry weapons or any dangerous, flammable, hazardous or illegal items that can cause a hazard or inconvenience, including car batteries or gasoline.
- DO NOT commit any act or engage in any behavior that may cause harm, damage, or disturbance to any person or property.
- DO NOT talk to or otherwise distract the operator while the bus is in motion.
- DO NOT solicit, panhandle, advertise, make unreasonable announcements, or create unsanitary conditions on the buses or at bus stops.
- DO NOT leave children unattended or let them run in the bus. It is strongly recommended that children 11 and under ride with someone age 12 or over.
- DO NOT extend any portion of the body or objects through any window or opening of the bus.
- DO NOT stand on a skateboard, ride a scooter, wear in-line or roller skates in the bus. Keep sporting goods equipment stowed, secured, and clear of the aisles.
- DO NOT run after the bus after it has left its stop. Yolobus may pick up and drop off passengers at designated bus stops only.
- DO NOT offer gifts or gratuities (food, drink, money, services, etc) to the operator.
- DO NOT walk in front of the bus after disembarking. If you need to remove your bicycle, notify the operator as you leave.
For your safety, please cooperate with your operator in every way possible. Yolobus may refuse service to persons who do not abide by these policies. Failure to comply with any of these policies while on Yolobus property may violate one or more of the following: California Penal Codes (CPC) 594 or 640, or Public Utilities Code (PUC) 99170.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please call YOLOBUS: 530-666-2877 or 1-800-371-2877.